LE CHAT NOIR by Steinlen Black Cat Secret Book Box Set Jewelry Keepsake Trinket Box Tournee du Chat Noir Comes with Two Book Boxes
All our book boxes are made of linden wood covered with faux leather unlike the cheap cardboard book boxes. They are all handmade and bound using traditional book binding techniques. Le Chat Noir was a 19th Century cabaret in the bohemian Montmartre district of Paris. Theophile - Alexandre Steinlen’s Tournee du Chat Noir is an iconic example of French poster art of the period and now hangs in the Zimmerli Museum at Rutgers. This beautiful Secret Book Box Set features an image of the classic image. It is a must for the cat lover or free spirit in your life! It looks like a beautiful art book on your bookshelf while keeping your treasures safe and hidden. Includes Large 10.5" and Small 8.5" Book Boxes. This is a beautiful jewelry or keepsake box, which is lined with felt. Keep out as a display or put it in your bookshelf to keep your secrets safe. Intricate wooden boxes have a long tradition in Poland, but it took the creativity and inspiration of two artist émigrés to combine this tradition with modern themes.
- Made Using Traditional Book Making Techniques
- Set consists of two books, Large (10.5"x8x2.75) Small (8.25"x5.85x2)
- Magnetic Locking Mechanism
- Large is 10.5" x 8" x 2.75" Small is 8.25" x 5.75" x 2"
- Faux Vintage Leather Cover Over Wood Boxes. Most other "cheaper" book boxes are made of cardboard.